At Low Tide we are incredibly driven and passionate about the opportunity we have to create a positive impact in the communities we invest.
Who We Are
Low Tide is a private real estate investment, development, and management company founded in 2011 and headquartered in Vancouver, Canada. We buy office, industrial, multifamily rental and retail properties for long-term retention, and management.
What We Do
We invest in emerging neighbourhoods we know best. Our company seeks to own multiple properties in each neighbourhood with the intention of owning enough space to generate a meaningful impact in the surrounding community.
At Low Tide Properties we are incredibly driven and passionate about the opportunities to create a positive impact in the communities we invest in. We currently own and manage over 45 properties in the City of Vancouver including office, retail, industrial and multifamily. Due to our continued growth we are looking to add another Building Operator to our team. This role will provide operations services to a portfolio of properties that include both office and retail buildings.
Reporting to the Senior Property Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for several properties located in Mount Pleasant and Kitsilano. This position will also require one to cover for other Building Operators whilst on vacation or sick, as well as provide after hours emergency coverage on a rotational basis. Ideally the candidate should possess a current 5th Class Building Engineer’s Certificate and have three to five years experience in a similar role.
- Working closely with the Property Manager and the Building Operations team to ensure best in class service to Low Tide’s tenants and stakeholders;
- Be familiar with all aspects of building operations and systems including but not limited to HVAC, DDC, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, life safety, etc. and ensure all equipment and systems are operated in a safe and efficient manner;
- Conduct regular inspections of properties for wear and tear including all common area interior, exterior and roof elements, perform or arrange for repairs when necessary;
- Maintain in tandem with the Property Manager, current and accurate emergency contact information and be familiar with the procedures for life safety, emergency response and the fire safety plan;
- Ensure that the buildings’ fire protection equipment and systems are inspected and maintained at recommended intervals for proper operation in line with legislative requirements to ensure tenant/occupant safety. This also includes assisting and/or conducting required annual fire drills;
- Carry out, or oversee all preventative maintenance tasks as prescribed on all equipment and systems;
- Respond to tenant concerns in a timely manner and assist in solving problems as required;
- Be available outside of business hours during scheduled on call shifts and as necessary to appropriately respond to building emergencies
- Liaise with Property Manager (“PM”) regarding operational issues such as building performance, monthly operating budget/actual comparisons, tenant issues, repairs and maintenance, problems, improvements, etc.;
- Source suitable suppliers of goods and services; obtaining estimates, dealing with service personnel and suppliers and provide feedback on contractor performance to PM;
- Maintain the building logbook which records service calls, visits by authorities (fire inspections, etc.), security issues, HVAC Maintenance, DDC operations, testing of fire alarm and emergency lighting, and other relevant information;
- 2-5 years’ experience working in commercial building operations
- A current 5th Class Power Engineer Certificate
- Strong mechanical aptitude and good working knowledge of building systems, HVAC, and preventative maintenance programs
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office, Excel, Word as well as access control systems, DDC systems and service request platforms
- A passion for outstanding customer service
- A valid drivers’ license. A satisfactory driving record is required including a recent Driver’s Abstract
- A willingness to work with a team of motivated, enthusiastic, collaborative real estate professionals