At Low Tide we are incredibly driven and passionate about the opportunity we have to create a positive impact in the communities we invest.
About Low Tide Properties
Low Tide Properties is a private real estate investment, development, and management company founded in 2011 and headquartered in Vancouver, Canada. We buy and hold office, industrial, multifamily rental and retail properties for the long-term.
We invest in the emerging neighbourhoods we know best. Our company searches for multiple properties in each neighbourhood with the intention of owning enough space to have a meaningful impact. We immerse ourselves in the neighborhoods where we invest, and work to become part of the community.
Join a team at Low Tide Properties focused on achieving portfolio growth while maintaining our core operating principle of improving properties for both the benefit of tenants and neighbourhoods. Work with highly regarded real estate professionals to build a varied and highly valued skill set as someone who can work across all functions of the company as you progress.
Multiple avenues for long term growth within the team. Ability to maintain a work-life balance focused on health and wellness.
The Property Manager is responsible for an office and retail mixed-use portfolio in Metro Vancouver and is accountable for the management of the properties and people, including building operations and administration, tenant relations, tenant improvements, and budget/financial management and reporting. This includes proactive site management of assigned properties while providing exceptional customer service and fostering positive long-lasting tenant relationships.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Property management duties such as rent collection, responding to tenant enquiries, tenant account reconciliations, accounts receivable administration, lease administration, tenant coordination, invoice approvals, rent roll maintenance and marketing of a portfolio of properties as assigned and amended from time to time.
- Meet with commercial tenants on a regular basis and inspect buildings’ interiors and exteriors. Provide a high standard of tenant relations and retention by ensuring problems are rectified in a prompt, effective and cost-efficient manner.
- Proactively communicate with tenants regarding property management issues, construction, and events within the neighbourhoods where the properties are located.
- Ensure all Property Management policies and procedures are followed and adhered to in each of the properties.
- Develop appropriate operating procedures for buildings ensuring regulatory requirements are maintained.
- Follow up on monthly building inspections to ensure all items identified are addressed in a timely manner.
- Develop, administer and annual budget preparation for assigned properties.
- Review monthly, quarterly and annual financial results and provide variance commentary where appropriate.
- Ensures budgets and schedules are in place and oversees the progress of building upgrades, major projects and tenant improvements within the portfolio.
- Tender, select and manage all service contracts.
- Ensure that that corporate governance, environmental, health & safety policies and procedures are compliant.
- Review all invoices monthly and approves payments as necessary.
- Provide leadership to operations team, lead by example, demonstrate passion and motivation, and guide and direct staff to accomplish organizational goals and objectives.
- Ensure staff receive clear direction, supervision and motivation, and are provided with training, tools and technology required to do their job.
- Guide staff growth and development by providing effective mentorship, coaching and career planning.
- Oversee outside contractors and construction and maintenance staff.
- Post secondary education in Real Estate or a CPM or RPA designation is an asset.
- A minimum 5 years of related commercial property management experience.
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally, both oral and written; able to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships with senior management, contractors, tenants and stakeholders; able to motivate, empower, and coach colleagues in achieving goals.
- Knowledge of operational procedures, general maintenance, construction, contract negotiation, accounting, Yardi, and Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong customer experience orientation
- Positive and pro-active attitude with strong team building, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven organizational skills; able to cope with changing client needs and deliver successful results within agreed upon timeframes.
- A self-starter, self-motivated, hands-on mentality with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated organization and time management skills, detail oriented with exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- A dedication to providing exceptional service, every day.
- The ability to perform with exceptional integrity, always striving to do the right thing and help.