At Low Tide we are incredibly driven and passionate about the opportunity we have to create a positive impact in the communities we invest.
Junior Property Accountant
We’re looking to add a junior-level property accountant to our team. Reporting to the Manager, Property Accounting, the role will work closely with both the property accounting and corporate accounting teams. This role is fantastic for someone looking to learn and grow within the field, while being part of a collaborative, high performing environment.
Accounts Receivable & Tenant Administration
- Liaise and regularly follow up with AR/AP team and property managers regarding overdue rents
- Post monthly rent charges
- Produce tenant ledgers and statements as required
- Maintain rent rolls
- Monitor and review payables for coding accuracy
- Post payable batches
- Monitor cash positions and prepare monthly cash flow statement
- Prepare monthly cash distribution or arrange funding
- Reconcile general ledger accounts and post monthly recurring adjusting journal entries
- Maintain monthly working papers
- Reconcile and prepare monthly GST remittances
- Produce monthly financial statements according to company’s policy and requirements
- Prepare and update quarterly variance commentary workbooks
- Provide supplementary reporting as required
- Prepare accounting portion of assigned budgets within set timeline
- Follow-up on status of budgets throughout the different stages to ensure completion within by-when date
- Prepare annual billings for the following operating year
- Prepare year-end operating cost reconciliations for assigned properties
- Review and follow-up status of operating cost reconciliation with property management team
- Prepare year-end reconciliation billings
- University/College degree or diploma, preferably in Accounting
- 1 – 2 years full-cycle property accounting experience, including preparing annual budgets and year-end CAM recoveries
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience with Yardi Voyager 7s is preferred, but not required
- Exceptional interpersonal skills (team player, problem solver)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and multi-task at the same time
- Perform with a high-level of integrity and authenticity
PLEASE APPLY VIA OUR INDEED ACCOUNT HERE
Due to our continued growth we are looking to expand our team and add an experienced Asset Manager.
Working collaboratively across multiple teams, you will play a key role in executing the asset management strategy for each property, centered around three key principles:
- Finding Low Tide’s Competitive Advantage for each property
- Increasing Yield through continuous income growth and disciplined capital spending
- Managing Risk by identifying, monitoring, and mitigating against it
The ideal candidate will have experience in managing a varied portfolio of office, light industrial, multifamily-rental, and retail properties. Reporting to the Director, Asset Management & Development, you will have a high degree of autonomy over properties under your management. This role offers immediate professional growth opportunities in development, major value-add project management, and large-scale community engagement projects.
- Set asset strategy plans for each individual property detailing the long-term plan, projected performance against portfolio KPIs, risk assessment to KPIs, and market influences.
- Approve annual budgets that align with the asset strategy plan.
- Quarterly projections and updates on KPI status.
- Managing the leasing profile, including direct negotiation and documentation of all new leases or renewals.
- Overseeing the listing broker on all active vacancies.
- Reviewing and approving capital projects as presented by the property manager.
- Manage valuations and property tax assessments.
- Become familiar with zoning and use bylaws to assess development potential.
- Oversee the public realm and communications strategy for each property.
- Continually investigate and implement best practices centered on innovation and sustainability.
- Provide input into due diligence for new acquisitions
PLEASE APPLY VIA OUR INDEED ACCOUNT HERE